Parkes Castle Visitor Information

A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT

for all the family

In the ownership of the Office of Public Works, Parkes Castle has been restored in recent years to give a full flavour of castle life in the 17th century. Admission is €4 per adult, €10 for a family (or free admission on Wednesdays) which includes an audio visual presentation and activity packs for families. Guided tours are available. Keep an eye out for special heritage events and crafts demonstrations.

Address: Kilmore, Fivemilebourne, Co. Leitrim,F91 FP71
Telephone No: +353 71 916 4149
Fax No: +353 71 916 4546
Email:  parkescastle@opw.ie

Opening Hours 2016

24th March – 28th September
Daily 10.00 – 18.00
Last admission 45 minutes before closing
Average Length of Visit: 1 Hour
Please note there is restricted access to the upper level while remedial works are ongoing.  Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Admission Fees

D Adult: €4.00
Sen/Group: €3.00
Child/Student: €2.00
Family: €10.00

A restored plantation castle of the early 17th century, picturesquely situated on the shores of Lough Gill, once the home of Robert Parke and his family. The Courtyard grounds contain evidence of an earlier 16th century Tower House structure once owned by Sir Brian O’Rourke who subsequently was executed at Tyburn, London in 1591. The Castle has been restored using Irish oak and traditional craftsmanship. Access for visitors with disabilities to ground floor. Parke’s Castle is situated 8 miles east of Sligo town on the road to Dromahair.